Geothermal & District Heat
For the ultimate in guest comfort, as well as energy conservation and ecologically sustainable practices, The Holman Grand Hotel employs a geothermal system along with district energy (energy from waste) to heat and cool the property.
Other sustainable practices included in the hotel design:
- Heat recovery on exhaust air and waste water
- Natural ventilation strategies
- Water saving American Standard FloWise Dual Flush toilets
- Low water consumption American Standard Urinals
- Energy efficient LG T.V.'s
- Controls and Equipment Building automation to optimize system performance of both heat and air conditioning
- WattStopper/LeGrand automatic lighting controls to reduce energy consumption.
- Passive solar heat
- Natural lighting strategies
- Green roofs to minimize water waste into storm sewers
- Eco-Friendly Hardwood Flooring – 100% Hotel Rooms
- CFL lighting for reduced energy consumption.
- Urban infill property development using existing city infrastructure
- High efficiency building envelope designed to reduce heat loss and control temperature
- Key Card system in each guest room to control lighting
- In-Room Recycling Program
- Use of Carbon Dioxide as a ph reducer in the pool and spa. This results in lower chlorine consumption and better air quality
- Aveda Amenity Program Setting an example for environment leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
- Diversey Care Housekeeping Program & Products
- Energy efficient LED lighting fixtures
- Members of Clean The World